This can be termed as an obsessive condition leading to anxiety. It entails having thoughts, impulses, and images that are beyond your control. If you are suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, you are likely to have thoughts and images that will be disturbing to you.
This will develop into a feeling of fear, anxiety, disgust, and even doubt. Unfortunately, when you are suffering from the condition, it will consume a lot of your time and interfere your daily activities. Besides, it can be very difficult to determine whether you have OCD or you are suffering from a psychological complication.
A lot of research has been done on the disease but not much has come out on what causes it According to scientists, a combination of neurological, environmental, genetic, and behavioral activities can trigger the disease in you Explained below are some of the causes.
1. Genetics: this plays a key role. You can inherit some genes that control the development of your brain from your parents or other relatives. Besides, if you have suffered from OCD you are more likely to have a child who is affected.
2. Brain abnormalities: if you are suffering from the ailment, your brain has some abnormalities. The part of the brain dealing with strong emotions is likely to be affected. This will stimulate increased blood flow to this part of the brain.
3. Serotonin: this chemical that is found in the brain may also be linked to the condition. It transmits information from one part of the brain to another. In case yours is defective, it can transmit false information leading to feelings of anxiety.
4. Life event: life events such as the death of a loved one may also trigger it For example, the death of your relative will make you fear that another family member may also pass on.
5. Parenting and family: if your parent is known to be overprotective, you are likely to develop the condition if you stays far from them.
This ailment affects people differently. However, a particular pattern does occur in every sufferer. This pattern follow the following steps,
You might start feeling obsessed by an activity such as washing of hands, or the fear that your house will be broken into. This obsession will spark some anxiety in you which may lead to distress. You will then develop a compulsive behavior in order to minimize the anxiety. For instance, you might start bathing three times a day to ensure that you are clean. This will bring you some relief but the process will start up again.
There is no cure for the disease, however, its symptoms can be contained. This can be done through,
Exposure and the prevention of individual’s response. This means behavioral therapy to control how you behave.
Medical therapy to control and handle the symptoms. The best medical treatment is called Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitions. This should be taken for 12 weeks to start seeing the changes In conclusion, to protect you against such attacks, it is advisable to apply and get an ehic medical card. Using this European Health Insurance Card, you will enjoy treatment at a reduced cost. Instead of complicating the disease, you should seek medical attention once you have recognized it