Are you looking for info on anxiety attacks? Are these attacks ruining your life? Anxiety attacks are a psychological and physical problem. Physically, they can cause heart palpitations, chest pain, stomach aches, headaches, high blood pressure, etc. Anxiety can make you sick if you don’t get it treated!
There are many treatments available, including behavioral therapy, medication, home remedies, and alternative treatments. Before you learn about the various treatments, it’s important to understand the causes of anxiety attacks.
What Causes Anxiety Attacks?
People with a generalized anxiety disorder have attacks on a regular basis. These attacks are usually triggered whenever they are exposed to something that causes them stress. Whenever they are exposed to things that cause them worry. For instance, if you are constantly worrying about your job, then you may experience anxiety whenever you run across something that reminds you of work.
People experiencing post-traumatic stress disorder will have anxiety attacks whenever they are around something that reminds them of their traumatic incident. If they were attacked in a certain location, they won’t go anywhere near that location. If they do, they will have an anxiety attack.
What are Treatments for Anxiety?
As mentioned above, medication and therapy are the most common treatments. Sedatives are usually prescribed to individuals with a generalized anxiety disorder. Individuals going through PTSD are recommended to receive cognitive therapy to help them move on past the incident which causes them stress and anxiety.
Through cognitive therapy, the patient learns to understand how their own thoughts contribute to the symptoms of the anxiety disorder. They are taught how to change their thought patterns to reduce the intensity of their reactions whenever they’re around something that may cause an attack. They are gradually taught to face their fears in a safe, controlled environment.
Now that you have more info on anxiety attacks, you can learn how to treat them on your own. Some of these natural remedies and alternative treatments may work for you, and some may not.
• Passionflower is an herb that can be used to treat anxiety. If you have trouble sleeping due to worrying and stress, it can help with insomnia as well. According to studies, passionflower can be comparable to benzodiazepine medication. It’s available in capsule, powder, and liquid form.
• Valerian is another plant that can be used to reduce anxiety. This herb can be taken within an hour before bedtime. It takes a couple weeks to work. It’s only safe enough to take for a few months at a time, so it’s only a short term solution. Most people prefer taking it in capsule form since the liquid extract doesn’t have a pleasant smell.
• Aromatherapy is one of the best alternative treatments for anxiety attacks. Essential oils can affect almost every organ in the body. When inhaled, the molecules of the oil enter the nasal cavity and stimulate the limbic system. This is the part of the brain that influences emotions. It plays a role in the regulation of the heart rate, hormones, breathing, and blood pressure. Fragrances that can calm the nerves and prevent anxiety include juniper, lavender, sandalwood, chamomile, cedarwood, and bergamot.
• Why not try your own cognitive therapy? Try changing your thought patterns. Tell yourself that you’re brave and that you can face anything. Keep telling yourself over and over that you’re strong and capable. Even if you don’t believe it, keep on repeating the affirmations to yourself. Use positive words. Instead of thinking “I am not afraid,” think “I am brave. I am capable of facing anything.”
• Watch what you eat. A lot of sugar and caffeine can increase your metabolism and heart rate. This will increase your chances of having an anxiety attack. Eat a lot of Omega-3 foods, such as fish; B12, since it improves Methylation Pathways; L-Carnitine, since it improves mitochondria energy production; and Tryptophan, since it increases the production of Serotonin. Also, drink plenty of water. It’ll flush out harmful toxins in your body. With fewer toxins, your body will be able to fight off anxiety attacks better.
• Drink chamomile tea every night before you go to bed. Chamomile tea offers numerous health benefits. It can calm the nerves, improve the immune system, help you sleep, etc. When you are able to get a good night’s sleep, you will be less likely to have an anxiety attack the next day.
Now that you know all of this info on anxiety attacks, you can get the help you need!
There are still plenty of other techniques you can try, in addition to these.
If you don’t want to spend the rest of your life taking drugs or going to therapy sessions, then you can try natural treatments.
Just watch the FREE Panic Away presentation to learn helpful info on anxiety attacks. The presentation is right here ======> http://www.stop-anxiety-panic-attack.com/recommends/panicaway
Get the anxiety relief you need RIGHT NOW!