Do you have a fear of death? Does anything associated with death frighten you? It did me once. Ten years ago, I had an irrational fear of dying. It wasn’t so much the process of death that scared me, but the fear of the unknown. I was afraid that I would just stop existing one day. Do such thoughts cause you anxiety?
Well, you can overcome a fear of death! I did.
“Death is inevitable.” If this statement scares you, then you need to learn how to overcome the fright.
Here are some tips to help you:
• One thing that really helped me is to do things that make me happy. If you are happy, you won’t worry about such things as death. Listen to upbeat music that makes you happy. Do whatever brings a smile to your face. Watch funny videos and read inspirational books.
• Find a hobby. If you can find a fun or meaningful distraction, you won’t think of dying. Some people (myself included) find video games to be fun distractions. You could learn how to play an instrument, or join a volunteer group. Perhaps you’re interested in signing up for some sort of class.
• Don’t be afraid to talk to someone about your fear. It’s good to get your feelings off of your chest. Your fear of death could be part of an anxiety disorder. If your phobia is so extreme that you have trouble doing day to day tasks, it’s recommended that you talk to a therapist.
• Optimists are less fearful than pessimists. They also live longer. Try changing your overall outlook on life and you won’t be so afraid of your life coming to an end. Learn about the power of positive thinking. Try to gain control over your thoughts. Don’t let yourself wander into negative thoughts. Force yourself to think positive thoughts and stay away from any negative triggers.
• One of the reasons why people are afraid of death is because they’re afraid of dying before they get a chance to do everything they want in life. Instead of worrying, just go out there and do everything you want RIGHT NOW! Sure, some things are easier said than done, but as long as you have breath in your body, you shouldn’t let anything stop you. Things like money problems can be overcome. Death can’t. Go out there and fulfill your dreams before it’s too late!
• Perhaps the biggest reason why I was so afraid of death is because I was worried that the physical reality is all that there is, and death means oblivion. If this is your fear, just read about near death experiences, or NDEs. Sure, there are skeptics that believe that NDEs are just hallucinations, but they don’t know that for sure. Reading these experiences made me feel better, so hopefully they give you hope as well.
• Read positive quotes about death. They will really make you think. They will remind you that death might not be the end after all. Here are a few that made me feel better when I had a fear of death:
“After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” – Dumbledore from Harry Potter (Sure, it’s a quote from a fictional character, but there is still some truth in it!)“Men fear death, as if unquestionably the greatest evil, and yet no man knows that it may not be the greatest good.” – William Mitford
“Death opens unknown doors. It is most grand to die.” – John Masefield
“Death–the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening.” – Walter Scott
If your fear of death is so bad that you are having anxiety or panic attacks, then you need to learn some techniques for staying calm.
Don’t have a lot of money to spend on anxiety help? Learn tactics that you can do on your own!
Just watch the free video, “Anxiety Free Tactics” and learn how to get over your fear of death in a healthy way.
The free Anxiety Free Tactics video is right here =====> http://www.Stop-Anxiety-Panic-Attack.com