Are you looking for some relief from anxiety attacks? These attacks can be a very frightening experience. Even if you recognize what they are when you’re having them, they can still be uncomfortable. It’s hard to stay calm when your body is shaking and your heart is palpitating fiercely.
Relief from anxiety attacks start when you realize that they won’t hurt you if you won’t let them. Even if they do make you feel physically uncomfortable, you still need to stay calm. Feeling fear will just make the attacks all that much worse.
You can get relief from medication. There are some very helpful anti-anxiety drugs. The downside is that they are habit forming. Addiction leads to problems such as black outs and memory loss. You don’t want to spend the rest of your life being sedated.
If you’d prefer to get relief from anxiety attacks naturally, you’ll be glad to know that there are safe and effective alternative treatments. Some of these methods help to relieve the symptoms of anxiety attacks, and some treat the source of the problem.
The source of the problem can be anything from a generalized anxiety disorder to a specific phobia. Whenever you’re around something that reminds you of your fear, or causes you worry, you’re at risk for an anxiety attack.
Getting Relief from Anxiety Attacks with Acupuncture
If you don’t like the idea of taking drugs, why not give traditional Chinese medicine a try? Acupuncture is gaining acceptance as a method of healing physical and emotional ailments. Supporters of acupuncture believe that anxiety attacks occur whenever there is a problem with “chi” energy in the body. During a healing procedure, hair thin needles are placed in various parts of the body to promote a healthy flow of energy.
The great thing about acupuncture is that it tackles the physical and mental causes of anxiety at the same time. In Western medicine, you would have to take drugs to deal with the physical aspects of anxiety and undergo cognitive therapy to deal with the mental aspects.
Here are some more alternative treatments that will help you deal with anxiety:
• Start relaxing more. Take some time out for yourself and enjoy the day. Take forty minutes a day to relax. You can take a bubble bath, read a book with a happy ending, listen to calm music, meditate, do yoga stretches, etc.
• Deep breathing is an effective anxiety disorder treatment. This can be done anywhere: at home, at the store, on the sidewalk, at work, in school, etc. Just take a deep breath and hold it in for a few seconds before releasing it. Do this over and over for a couple of minutes and it will relieve the intensity of the anxiety attack.
• Learn to free your mind from worrisome and stressful thoughts. Whenever you’re in a stressful situation, try thinking of nice things. The more you think of good things, the more the attack lessens. You can also repeat positive affirmations over and over again in your mind: “Everything is okay. I am fine. Everything is okay. I am handling this situation.”
• Not having enough water in your body can increase your risk of having an anxiety attack. Be sure to drink plenty of water every single day to keep your body hydrated. It’ll also flush the toxins out. Sometimes the chemicals in food and drugs can contribute to anxiety problems. Always keep bottled water nearby just in case you feel an anxiety attack coming.
• Some herbs can provide relief from anxiety attacks. Kava, St. John’s Wort, Rosemary, Passionflower, Chamomile, and Valerian. Most of these are available as capsules. If you’d prefer not to take capsules, you can make herbal tea. Drinking two cups a day will help reduce your anxiety. However, be careful with Kava. It should only be considered a short-term solution.
• Make sure you’re getting plenty of Vitamin B, magnesium, and calcium in your diet. All of these contribute to the functioning of the nervous system. They also support neurotransmitter production. Neurotransmitters are chemicals that relay messages between the nerve cells. A healthy amount of neurotransmitters ensures that your nerve cells function as they should.
These techniques should provide you with the relief from anxiety attacks that you need. However, they won’t completely cure you of your anxiety disorder.
Over 50,000 people have turned to Panic Away for help with general anxiety attacks and panic attacks. You can learn about the best methods for anxiety relief.
Just watch the free Panic Away presentation to learn about these methods ===> http://www.stop-anxiety-panic-attack.com/recommends/panicaway