Have you ever experienced unexplained heart palpitations? Have you ever hyperventilated for no apparent reason? If so, then you probably experienced a panic attack. They hit suddenly, and the symptoms spiral out of control. The more fear you feel, the worse the attacks get.
You need to understand that they won’t kill you! You won’t die from a panic attack. You won’t pass out, either. You may feel as if you’re going to lose consciousness, but you won’t.
It’s also possible to get rid of a panic attack without the use of drugs. You can control this problem on your own. There are a variety of treatment plans, some of which target the problem physical and some which target the mental aspects.
Experts believe that panic attacks are caused by a combination of physical and mental factors. For some sufferers, there is no exact cause. These attacks simply come at random times and go after a half hour or so.
You can still get rid of a panic attack even if you don’t know the exact cause! There are certain foods and stimulants you can avoid to reduce your chances of having one. There are also relaxation techniques you can do to stay calm.
Here are some things you can do to get rid of a panic attack:
1. Sometimes the severity of a panic attack depends on how well you breathe. Deep breathing all the way through your nose and down to your stomach and then slowly exhaling will help you get through a panic attack. As you breathe in, count to five, and as you breathe out, count to five. Repeat this pattern for at least a minute until you start to feel better.
2. Cut down on sugar, caffeine, salt, spice and nicotine. These all contribute to panic attacks. This is because they act as stimulants to increase your agitation and nervousness. When you are feeling nervous or agitated, you’re at risk for attacks.
3. Carry your mp3 player around with you everywhere that you go. Listen to relaxing music or sounds. There is a lot of free meditation music on the internet. Listening to it will help you stay relaxed. Check out binaural beats while you’re at it. These are sounds that affect brain frequencies. Many of the beats can help prevent stress and anxiety.
4. Find a positive distraction. Most of what you experience during a panic attack is in your head. If you focus on the symptoms, the attack will only get worse. Whenever you feel an attack coming on, grab an inspiring book or turn the TV on to watch a funny show. If you’re out in public, try distracting yourself by watching other cars or people.
5. Eat small, but frequent meals throughout the day. Don’t starve yourself, and don’t overeat. Eat about five or six small meals every few hours. This way, your body can maintain an even level of blood sugar. Low blood sugar can cause you to feel irritable, and irritability is one of the biggest triggers of panic attacks.
6. Make sure that you’re in good mental health. You can maintain a level of self-control if you improve your emotional intelligence. Pay close attention to the thoughts running through your mind prior to panic attacks. What are you usually thinking when they occur? Learn how to control those thoughts so that you won’t have any more attacks. Meditating daily and writing in a journal will help improve mental health and emotional intelligence.
7. Try to find humor in every situation. If you’re feeling stressed out, upset, angry, irritated, or any other negative emotion, try to think of something funny. Force yourself to laugh if you have to. Laughter really is the best medicine, and panic attacks are no different. If you can find humor in any situation, then you’ll feel less fear. Less fear means fewer attacks!
These methods should be enough to get you started. It’s not always easy to get rid of a panic attack.
There is a lot of untruthful information out there about panic and anxiety attacks. Many so-called experts only tell you what you want to hear, rather than what you NEED to hear.
The Anxiety Lie is different. It exposes the lies and tells you like it is. It doesn’t just tell you how to overcome your anxiety…it grabs you by the shirt collar and screams it in your face! Click below to learn the TRUTH!
The Anxiety Lie ===> http://www.stop-anxiety-panic-attack.com/recommends/the-anxiety-lie