Have you been experiencing anxiety due to a fear of death? Are you so afraid of dying that you can’t live your life to the fullest?
I used to be the same way. I struggled with the fear of ceasing to exist. I was terrified of the thought of losing consciousness forever. I wanted to believe that there was something beyond death – that it wasn’t necessarily the end. But the thought kept popping up in the back of my mind, “what if there isn’t?”
Well, I finally managed to get over my fear and so can you! Dealing with fear of death (thanatophobia) isn’t all that hard. I got over my anxiety all on my own, without any medication or therapy sessions.
I’m going to give you some techniques for dealing with fear of death.
1. The very first thing you need to do is try replacing your fear with something positive. A fear of death is usually connected with an anxiety disorder. Anxiety is usually caused by not being able to control your thoughts and feelings. You must train yourself to control your thoughts and feelings so that you feel better about life and death both. It’s possible to take conscious control of your thoughts.
The next time you start to worry about death, immediately switch your thoughts over to something that makes you happy. This will be difficult to do at first, but in time, you will start to experience less anxiety.
2. As strange as it sounds, reading about different points of view of consciousness can really help make you feel better. Some experts believe that the consciousness can survive the death of the brain, which means there is a continuation after one dies. Even if you’re a skeptic, reading such theories may still give you some hope.
3. The next time you feel anxiety over the fear of death, listen to binaural beats. They really do help relieve stress and anxiety. They will bring you out of the sympathetic “flight or fight” state. Binaural beats actually lower the brain frequencies to a state of calmness.
4. Make better use of your time while you’re living, and you will feel better about the thought of dying. Whether you sit around worrying all the time or go out into the world to experience life to the fullest, you are still getting closer and closer to death. If this thought scares you, then go out and DO SOMETHING! Get out there and live.
5. Try to get hang out with your friends and family as much as possible. Isolation is one of the worst things you can do if you suffer from thanatophobia. When you are alone, you will be more likely to succumb to irrational thoughts. Join a club. Make new friends. Visit your neighbors. Just get out and interact with others!
6. Perhaps one of the reasons why you fear death is because you feel as if your life is inadequate. Dealing with fear of death is a lot easier when your life has value. Work on your self-esteem and you will feel much better about life and death both! The best way to improve your self-esteem is to help others. You can do some volunteer work, or simply ask others if there’s anything you can do to help them. Just be careful around those who would take advantage of you.
7. I’ve found subliminal videos to be helpful in my quest to get over thanatophobia. There are subliminal videos designed to help individuals get over their fears and anxiety. They are only a few minutes long, so you should be able to fit them in your daily schedule. These videos are available on the internet. Watch them every day, and in time, you should be able to overcome your fear of death!
These tips are just the beginning. There is a step-by-step program you can study if you want to life a happy, fear-free life. Death doesn’t have to be frightening. Some people view it as just another experience – another journey rather than the “end”.
Just know that you CAN get over your anxiety without having to take medicine or receive professional help.
Check out the Linden Method and learn how to CURE thanatophobia once and for all. Access the step-by-step program right here: http://www.stop-anxiety-panic-attack.com/recommends/lindenmethod