Are you a guy with low self esteem? Many men have low self confidence due to a variety of reasons: they’re not tall; they don’t make a lot of money; they aren’t successful in business; they have been turned down for dates; they have problems such as erectile dysfunction; etc. Low self worth in men can lead to problems such as drugs, alcohol dependency, or divorce.
You don’t have to let your lack of self esteem ruin your life! Help comes in many forms: medicine, therapy, natural treatments, support groups, and so on. You can learn how to feel great about yourself. No matter how difficult life has been for you, you surely have made some accomplishments of which you can be proud. There is good in everybody, even if they don’t recognize it themselves.
Guys with low self esteem often seek solace in things that can harm them, such as drugs, drinking, smoking, and promiscuity. You must avoid such activities because not only do they cause you harm, but your family as well.
The good thing is that you don’t have to spend a lot of money on getting help. You can improve your self esteem a little bit at a time by changing your way of thinking. There are small steps you can take to improve your self worth.
Here are some tips for guys with low self esteem:
1. First things first, try changing the way you think. Push the negativity out and let the positivity in. It’s not always easy to force thoughts and feelings out of your mind, but you can try changing them if you work hard enough. Every time you start to think something negative about yourself, try your best to counter it with something positive.
2. Changing your way of thinking isn’t enough. Sometimes you have to change your behavior. The next time you are nervous, angry, worried, or upset, start breathing slowly and deeply. Let your shoulders and neck relax. Close your eyes for a minute and try humming a positive tune. When your body is relaxed, your mind will be as well.
3. Start hanging out with people who will support you. You can learn how to feel great about yourself. If your low self esteem stems from being overweight, join a weight loss group. Befriend other people who are trying to lose weight as well. If you are experiencing hair loss, start hanging out with others who are going through the same thing. For every problem that causes low self esteem, there is a support group. You’d be surprised at just how many there are!
4. Start setting up goals for yourself. If you ever feel that a task is too large for you to take on, break it up into smaller pieces. Shoot for milestones. Every time you successfully complete a milestone or reach a goal, pat yourself on the back! Your confidence will grow with each success.
5. Engage in activities that show off your talent. Everybody has some sort of talent. If you can’t think of any, then find one. You never know what you might end up creating. Try drawing or painting. Write a story or poem. Go bowling. Instead of feeling discouraged over messing something up, pat yourself on the back for the things you do correctly. Discovering hidden potentials is the best thing you can do for your self esteem.
6. Always remember that there is no “perfect man.” All guys have flaws. Even the tall, handsome, and wealthy men have flaws. Some guys are just better at hiding their flaws than others. Stop trying to compare yourself to them. Just compare yourself to YOU. As you work on improving your self esteem, compare the current you to the past you and congratulate yourself on how far you’ve come.
Guys with low self esteem can follow these steps and live fuller, happier lives!
You don’t have to be exceedingly handsome or wealthy to have confidence in yourself. You can learn how to appreciate your positive attributes and like yourself the way you are. How can you expect any one else to like you if you don’t like yourself?
These tips are just the beginning. There are more techniques you can try if you want to empower yourself.
Watch the Anxiety Free Tactics video and learn everything you need to know about improving self esteem. The free video can be found right here =====> http://stop-anxiety-panic-attack.com/recommends/confidence